Sunday, March 29, 2009

An Intimate Dance Party



Mr. Aniket steps out and sizes up the ladies on the floor. He fiddles with the ring in his pocket while eyeing Ms. Jennifer's creamy white skin and shock of red hair. Ms. Jennifer gives him an icy grin while taking his hand and pulls him onto the dance floor. Mr. Aniket's hopes for the evening come alive in a swirl of passion...

A twist and a turn and a flip of the toes
A spark of her touch and my heart, it glows
Her hips took a loop
Heart jumped through a hoop
Trip...clash,heart beats...eyes flash, when you feel it... it shows.
--Aniket

But Ms. Jennifer is mad. She knows Mr. Aniket is married, and that he is on the prowl. She has had enough of that kind of thing and is no longer going to stand by and watch people get hurt! And besides, Mrs. Aniket is her hair dresser! She has a plan to trap Mr. Aniket so that he can stop wreaking havoc on the lives of so many due to his lustful, sinful habits of the flesh...

You will forgive us
for paying back one conquest
with another
and making
your men fall
at the bare feet we have
planted to support hips
and bellies and breasts
that rotate
and undulate,
mimicking the dance of birth
(and what comes before).
Women less talented than I
have stolen your men
with the flick of a hip
a stretch of the neck
a burning turn of the womb.
I quiver so fast.
He shivers as
hard.
His eyes follow
a carnal radius
and your white skin
is forgotten.
--Jennifer

Mr. Aniket swirls Ms. Jennifer away as he tires of her ranting, and grabs the hand of a new partner, the shy and startled Ms. Sarah, hoping that maybe this time, he can use romance and love to his advantage in satisfying his carnal needs...

Moonlight, fate knocks,
Shy smiles emote,
They dance lip-locked.
--Aniket

Although it never worked out between them (due to the fact that he was married and she knew she could never be his for longer than a short tryst which was something that was strongly against her beliefs), Sarah thought about that dance with Mr. Aniket from time to time. One rainy day in March, just as Spring was about to burst into bloom, she pulled out the journal where she had poured out her heart that night 50 years ago, and laughed as she read aloud, the hairs raising on her forearms and stars twinkling in her eyes as if she were spinning madly once again, held safe in the arms of handsome Mr. Aniket.

Of our many pieces,
the shyest and freest
shall live on
in that land
where minutes
dance like
scarves
in the wind

and all the shapes in
the clouds
we see there
are the pieces
of you
of me
still partnered
with
a spinning earth
--Sarah

And now, I leave you with this little sentiment:

In the middle of the whirling swirling twirling spinning is a tiny speck of stillness. If I do not return to that speck I will spin off into a distant moon and cause comets to fly off their course. --Crazy Cat

18 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, what a fun and creative way to pull this together! Pairing Jennifer and Aniket this way is too funny!

You've inspired some seriously good poetry here, though. Creativity, thy name is Cat!

jaz said...

Oh my God, Cat. I am sitting here trying so hard to laugh quietly as all the children are asleep. And failing miserably!

I think you must be totally drunk on your new man!! And we get the benefit. :)

(And I suspect my hairdresser Mrs. Aniket already knows what her wayward husband is up to if she dyed my blond hair "shocking red"! Do you know how much that will cost to fix??? ;) )

Okay next time you must warn me to read when it doesn't need to be so fricking quiet at my house!!!!!!

Aniket Thakkar said...

First of all Mr. Aniket is only one single around here. Mrs. Jennifer and Mrs. Sarah are married. And Mr. Aniket is very fatihful. And Mr. Aniket can't dance. :-)

But yeah, the idea of dancing with such fine ladies, seems very tempting. :-)

You keep this up Catherine and the ladies would be afraid to participate next time. :-)

Well I thoroughly enjoyed my flings. Now have to take care of 'the demon barber' of a wife, you have given me. :-)

PS: Jennifer's and Sarah's poems are pretty awesome. For only one has the capability to rant even in a poem. :-) And the other, can put you in a trance with her words.

Catherine Vibert said...

Karen-Thanks it was fun! Since there were only three participants (wink wink nudge nudge) I had to do something to fill out the page!

Jennifer-You mean your hair is NOT RED? Oh dear, now everything is changed... Thanks for your awesome poem. You are amazing.

Aniket-You are an excellent dance partner! Thank you for being so willing to participate! It worked out great because in this kind of Contradancing thingy, you change partners every few seconds, so I'm very very glad you wrote two poems. It was the perfect thing.

Vesper said...

This is great, Cat! :-) :-) :-)

Looking forward to the next one. :-)

Deepa Gopal said...

:)

Aniket Thakkar said...

Now "Contra" I know. Used to be my favorite game in my salad days. Contra, Super Contra, Super Contra 2,3,4,5,6 I've played them all.

But Contra-DANCE, not my cup of tea. :-)

I'd be happy to dance with just one partner, and am waiting for the one who could make my feet dance. :P

Sarah Hina said...

I should have known better than to think that you'd just post the poems two weeks in a row. ;)

I'm with Jennifer!! Big smiles all around. :) :) :) Mr. Aniket is shameless, though...quit tormenting us and go back to Mrs. Aniket already! :P I hear she gives an awesome shampoo.

I do really like the poems. I think Aniket's and Jennifer's have more of the wonderful dancing energy than mine did. Very beautiful words that move, too. Which is why I liked that you used mine as a look back, Cat. It has more of that feel to it.

Thank you for the fun! And I agree with you about that speck of stillness. A little bit of gravity makes that flying more incredible. ;)

Catherine Vibert said...

Aniket-Thanks for being such a great inspiration to create this FICTIONAL character. Please consider the story a kind of cheek pinching from afar. :-)

Vesper-Thanks! I hope you will join in the fun next week!

Deepa, :-)

Sarah, a person has to have a little fun, you know? I thank you for your beautiful poem, which as Mr. Aniket expressed, is trance inducing.

Poetic Dancers, I thank you all for your delightful poems which inspired this romp.

Aniket Thakkar said...

How dare you call me shameless Sarah. Got to detention. Right Now! :-)

Wait till we dance the next time areound. I'll make sure to step on your feet on more than one occasions. :-)

PS: I could never bring myself to ask anyone for a dance. So thank you Catherine for this. :) Much appreciated.

Aine said...

Love the poems!! Each one captures a very different aspect of dance. Bravo!

Julie said...

I love the poems!! And you have given them such a fun presentation. It's the best I've seen in blogland, Cat. Sorry I didn't submit. I'm too neurotic to share my dance, 'cause it sux. Ha! Ha! I wish I could do what these poets have done in such a short span of time. I'm looking forward to the next installment. Awesomeness:)

K.Lawson Gilbert said...

Fabulously creative! What a hoot! Sorry, I am late getting to your wonderful blog, again....I'm still having mucho problems with my hand...haven't been traveling to any blogs for the past few days. Great idea on pulling all the writers into the fold!! :))))

Lena said...

awww... that was really very creative. Enjoyed reading till the very end :)

and poems are just fantastic :)

Jennifer said...

Cat, huge blog issues!! :) Am temp offline, will let you know when I move. You know, after my break. :)

BUT I am always, always reading your blog and will always comment here.

Catherine Vibert said...

Aniket- My pleasure!

Aine-Aren't they great? Such fun!

Julie-I'm so glad you liked it! Who knows what the next round will bring, I of course, hope you will participate sometime!

Thanks Lena! Great to see you again!

Jennifer-WHAT is going on over there?

Catherine Vibert said...

K, I'm so sorry to hear you are having ongoing pain in your hand. I know that the only thing that has actually worked for me is to STOP blogging! Much as I hate it. I completely understand, and hope you will reciprocate the understanding as I am in a similar boat. :-P

Jennifer said...

Cat, just a bunch of nonsense. :)

Jennifer

Happy Easter, Pappy

It’s been seven years since you died on Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day and Easter were your favorite holidays. Being in the garden with your fam...