Friday, May 22, 2009

Yesterday, Pt. 3

This is the third episode in a four part series using song lyrics from the 60's and 70's to explore a rekindled friendship from the past.


From: layla@70s.song
Subject: Ruby Tuesday
Date: May 22, 2009 8:02:00 AM EDT
To: BBLeroy@70s.song
Reply-To: layla@70s.song

Leroy Brown, Let me go crazy on you, you’re a magic man. I’m leaving on a jet plane, ruby Tuesday.

I hope today will be a lighter highway,
L.

____________


From: BBLeroy@70s.song
Subject: Re: Ruby Tuesday
Date: May 22, 2009 8:03:00 AM EDT
To: Layla@70s.song
Reply-To: BBLeroy@70s.song

Layla, Ruby Tuesday, out on runway number 9…wild horses couldn’t drag me away.

I’ll be there, you got me on my knees,
Leroy

9 comments:

Aniket Thakkar said...

Eric Clypton is a true guitar god.

I am loving every bit of this series. :D

Keep 'em coming.

And yes, they are ageless songs. I loved growing up with them. I still daily listen to 'Come on take me down to the Paradise City, where the grass is greena and the girls are pretty...' :D.

Now, excuse me, while I kiss the Sky. :P

Margaret said...

I'm not leaving on any jet plane, I'm sticking around here so I don't miss any of "Yesterday".

steveroni said...

I might be leaving on a jet plane...but I pretty well know when I'll be back again.

I don't want to miss a single yesterday OR today! This morning a fellow, sober exactly one year, told me the following:

"Life is GOOD! Why miss it?"

I thought do well of it, I wrote it on my styrofoam cup--a 35-year habit. Lotsa cups, believe me!

Karen said...

This just gets better and better!

Jennifer said...

These are so fun, Cat. So creative!

Anonymous said...

A potent image to guide them.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Where's Alex Chilton?

Give me a ticket for an aeroplane, ain't got time for a fast train,
lonely days are gone,
I'm a goin' home,
My Baby wrote me a letter.

Sarah Hina said...

I really like this one, Cat, for a brevity that still offers a huge embrace of the coming adventure.

This is such an inspired series. I want to drift away on my iPod...

Julie said...

Oh yeah!! I love what you did with the e-mail form. That is awesome. You've got a great story going on. I'm coming to it a little late, so I'm trying to force myself to read them in order. But you know, I have a feeling they would work wonderfully in other orders, too. Your mind is awesome, Cat. I love it.

Happy Easter, Pappy

It’s been seven years since you died on Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day and Easter were your favorite holidays. Being in the garden with your fam...