Friday, December 12, 2008

Gratitude and A note to Laura's daughters

I want to thank all of you for your postings and letters supporting me in the loss of my friend. It was profound the effect your missives had upon me, allowing me to grieve and be joyful in my memories, both, and I am very grateful. I am lucky to have such friends as you all are.

And though the loss was huge for me, it is minuscule in comparison to the loss her daughters are facing, and her boyfriend and all those who were present in her life. I know what they will go through in their grief will be a long process full of many kinds of emotions.

Amy, Heidi, Jennifer, Julie, my heart is with you beautiful young women right now. I hope that you will all stay on top of this in your lives, perhaps you can get DNA testing, do they have that option now? I would be heartbroken to see this happen again in your family as it has now to two generations.



Note to readers: Due to the personal nature of this post, and out of respect for Laura's family, I am disallowing comments for this post.

Happy Easter, Pappy

It’s been seven years since you died on Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day and Easter were your favorite holidays. Being in the garden with your fam...