Friday, November 6, 2009

Headless Buddha gets selected for show!


Dear Friends, I am very excited to announced that my Headless Buddha with Blue Moon and Orchid was selected by a juror to be in a very intimate and competitive art show at Grace Community Church in Mills River, NC. It's the first time my art has ever been in a show, and I'm so excited and honored to have my work selected. The opening is Saturday night from 7:30 to 9:30 and is open to the public.

I am taking a blogging haitus for the remainder of November. I'm writing a novel as a participant in the NaNoWriMo.org annual writer's contest. The only way to win is to get to 50,000 words by the end of the month. I'm a few days in and at 9300 words, so I'm plodding along.

In addition, I'm also taking a class and learning how to use Wordpress software to have an online store for my prints. I intend to have this up and running by the beginning of December. I am taking pre-orders for the above Headless Buddha prints. If you are interested in ordering one or more of these prints, which look beautiful when printed on textured fine art paper, please email me at cat@catvibe.com. I will also be offering others, but I haven't tested the printability of all of them yet. Do let me know if you have interest in any other images on my blog, and I will test and see how well they print. For instance, the Headless Buddha and New Moon doesn't print so well. Calibration is key! I'm working out the kinks.

In any case, I am so grateful for all of your ongoing support. You must know how much each and every one of you mean to me. I cyberhug you now. Did you feel it?

20 comments:

Marion said...

Congratulations, Cat and good luck with your novel!!!! Blessings!

Nevine Sultan said...

Sound like so much good stuff going on. Congratulations on having one of your beautiful pieces of art selected for a show! That's really an inspiring thing. Good luck with everything, and enjoy your November!

Nevine

Karen said...

Wonderful news about being juried! I'll be looking for your new site, too!

Good luck with NaNoWriMo!

RachelW said...

Congratulations!! That's wonderful! The picture is glorious-- I can see why it was chosen. Best of luck with your novel.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Catherine Vibert said...

Marion, thank you so much, and return on the blessings!

Nevine, Yes, I am feeling very blessed with everything that is going on these days. Thanks so much. And I can't wait to see you publishing novels girl, you have quite a talent.

Karen, Thank you! I was just reading the beautiful thank you card you sent me a few months ago after the movie. Found it as I was cleaning up my office yesterday. I'm so fond of you Karen.

Rachel, Thank you mi amiga!

the walking man said...

That is wonderful about the invite to the show. I hope the jury sees your vision with clarity because it is a beautiful piece Cat.

The NaNoWriMo just takes persistence. You will get there just don't look back tell the story and think of the edits later.

Be Well See ya next month

and uh yes I did feel that little hug to the heart thank you.

Margaret said...

Congratulations Cat! That was my favourite of your Headless buddha paintings. It's really beautiful.

Good luck with the book! You've got a lot on your plate at the moment. Hope all your dreams come true Cat. You deserve it!

Hugs back to you too...

Bonificent said...

Congratulations Catti Veebear....
I do love the art you have been creating and can't wait to see your novel too ! It is so encouraging to see that you have been in such a creative vein down there...
I either need to get a bit more discipline in my life... or quit the day job !
B.

K.Lawson Gilbert said...

I am so happy and proud of you Cat! This is wonderful! This is one of my favorite headless Buddah paintings! And a novel to boot?
You never cease to amaze me! and of course I want a print. :))))

Ed Meers said...

That's BRILLIANT! Well done and all the best with it!

Julie said...

Congratulations, Cat! It is so beautiful and a well deserved honor. You must be so excited right now! Best wishes with your writing, too.

Calli said...

Oh, Cat, my sis, wonderful, exciting news. I am so happy for you. You are shining bright and only getting brighter. I look forward to all your updates, even if I am at times, behind.

New site? hmmm...and a writing a book! ...Excellent!

and hug back~
Calli

Aniket Thakkar said...

Congratulations!

Good luck with your novel and website.
I have failed in Nanowrimo. I can't give it the time and effort it needs. Not in November. :(

joaquin carvel said...

a well deserved congrats on a well deserved honor - and all the best with the novel - sounds insane to write a novel in a month, but nothing great ever came out of safe and rational pursuits. the wordpress thing sounds cool too - you should be selling these. they're incredible. until december -

JOHN O'LEARY said...

Great blog. Been away too long. I just visited friends in Asheville. I loved the town, and especially the whole foods community there. Good luck with the novel!

JR's Thumbprints said...

I've never attempted writing a novel (although it's cross my mind). You are brave. Very very brave. Enjoy.

Linda S. Socha said...

Cat
This is absolutely wonderful...a novel!. The art work is really vibrant and I love it. Wishing you all the words you need
Linda

Rick said...

Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving, Cat!

Rick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Happy Easter, Pappy

It’s been seven years since you died on Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day and Easter were your favorite holidays. Being in the garden with your fam...